Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014 - Last day in Viera w/Sister Kreiberg

Hey family,
Wow this week sure passed by quickly. Well this is the first week of the new transfer and I am getting shipped out of Viera tomorrow. I am pretty sad because I have loved Viera so much. Honestly probably my favorite area that I have served in (ironic right?). The ward here is seriously amazing and serving with Sister Kreiberg has been a blast. We have been saying by to the members for the past few days and that is the worst. It is so sad because I will never be there again in the same way that I am now. It is so crazy how fast time flies by. Sister Kreiberg is going to stay here and train, she will do a good job. Last night we went over to Bishop Grover's home to say goodbye, he is such a good bishop and just all over great person and so is Sister Grover. I love them and their family very much. Tonight we are going to eat dinner with the Muller/Schafer family.  Brother Muller is originally from Brussels, Belgium, he met Sister Schafer over in the US and they had all their kids back in Belgium. They are probably the funniest family that I know, Brother Muller gets his words and phrases mixed up all the time, kind of like Sister Kreiberg does its way funny. They also have 2 really cute little girls that they adopted from China and they are seriously beautiful and so sweet. I am excited; it will be a good way to end my time here in Viera.
How did you all like conference? Wasn't it great? I liked how Elder Scott talked about how to teach the gospel simply, I think that is one of the most important lessons that I have learned as a missionary. Is that the gospel is simple. Something very cool about conference too is that in my Book of Mormon reading I have just read through Alma Chapters 17 to 35 this past week and it is crazy to see how hard hearted the people are in the Book of Mormon, they did not want to hear the truth.  And when they did they would get so upset and chase out or kill those that believed in God. As I was listening to general conference all I was thinking was yes I agree with the messages and yes I can see that what the apostles and prophets are speaking is truth from God. After one of the sessions of conference a member read something to us that was online about a person who did a report about the conference. Hearing how the reported view this conference was more than shocking to me. It is so true what the apostles have said. So many people want a comfortable God, one that doesn't make them work hard or push for anything. I am so grateful for a living day prophet and apostles. I know that they truly were called form God to help lead and guide us in these last days that can be so confusing! I hope that you all had a chance to watch and if you didn't go online to LDS.org and watch it!
This morning we had some fun as a district, we went out to Cocoa Beach and to Ron Jon's surf shop. That was fun and the weather was perfect. We had to get there at 6am because we can't be at a beach past 8:30. We played Ultimate Frisbee and soccer and then the elders had a sand throwing battle, obviously none of the sisters got in on that. I still need to go home and pack, that's going to be a big job haha but we are going to Nathans later for a pizza party to say goodbye that will be fun too. Well I better go for now! Talk to you next week! Love you all!





Sister Jamison

1 comment:

  1. We loved conference....missing you. You look great and I can see that your mission is awesome! Love you.

    ReplyDelete