Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014 - Life in Lecanto,Fl

Hey family, 
So this week was shy of crazy. We did have a good week though!:) Sarah is doing pretty well. She ended up relapsing the other night with her smoking and that was such a bummer, but she hasn't smoked since then and we are praying so hard that she won’t relapse again this week so that she can be baptized. I think she will make it though, she is strong! I also went on exchanges this week with the STL's and it was way fun because Sister Parker, my roommate from the MTC, is my STL and we had a blast haha it was like the good old days being in the MTC. We had a lot of catching up and it just blew our minds how fast our missions are going, last time I slept in the same room with her was a year ago haha crazy! We met some fun people as we went out tracting. We went to find a potential investigator and they ended up not being interested at all, so as we were walking back to the car we saw a 90 year old woman trying to power wash her driveway, well the machine wasn't working and she was getting super frustrated and threw it to the ground and so we ran over to help her. We fixed the hose connections and everything and then I ended up power washing her driveway in a pencil skirt haha so I have never power washed before and I didn't expect it to be so strong when it came up and so when it turned on it about flew out of my hand, but I got it under control, my arms are super sore now though haha I also spoke in sacrament meeting as well. That went pretty well I think, they had me speak on the apostasy which I thought was super random seeing as it was Easter, but I ended up tying it back into the atonement because no one wants to hear a talk about apostasy for 20 minutes on Easter or ever for that matter. Our ward mission leader also got released yesterday, which was a shocker because he’s been in for less than a month. Well let’s just say that was all MEGA DRAMA. He has a problem sustaining his leaders if you know what I mean and he wants to do things his way and he was sort of destroying missionary work here.  He also called the area 70, Elder Munns, to complain and President Berry, wow it was crazy but he's released now and we have no MWL. But they should call someone soon I would think. Well its getting to be summer here ( lol no such thing all year is summer here) but it is raining everyday and by raining everyday I mean massive stormy hurricane with rain so heavy the whole state of Florida no longer needs to pay their water bill because they can shower outside without being seen, everyone all of a sudden has a pool in their back yard around 3 in the afternoon, and Beverly Hills turns into Florida’s state water park with worlds largest downhill slip-in-side... The humidity is bad too, I always feel like I'm suffocating when I walk outside. But good thing I only have to live through a summer here one more time! Well I am sorry this email is a tad short, but I gotta get going! Love you!

 The main roads are paved - the smaller ones, off the main roads, are dirt.
 This is why we have a car - everything in Lecanto is very hilly.
My morning view.
Sister Jamison!

No comments:

Post a Comment