Monday, March 31, 2014

March 31, 2014

Hey what's up?
So obviously I am really excited that I have a new nephew who is super cute. Make sure to send me lots of pictures! That is so cool, I can't wait to meet little peanut!:)
This week on the other hand kind of put me through the ringer, but I guess all you can do is keep on keeping on right? Sister Kreiberg and I tracted a whole ton with not much success, but as always the Lord provided us with somebody to teach! So about 4 months ago when Sister Baker and Sister Peck were here they were out tracting I guess and they ran into a woman named Cynthia, they prayed with her and she didn't seem that interested, but she had given her sweater to Sister Baker for the night because it was cold and said just return it to me later. Well I guess the sisters forgot because it was still in our apartment forever! Well last Tuesday I was cleaning up a bit and I found the sweater and there was a note attached to it with Cynthia’s name and her phone number. So I set it on the table and told Sister K that we should probably try and return it this week. Then all week I kept looking at that little paper thinking, you should call Cynthia, and I just ignored it because I was foolish and just kept going about my business. Well Saturday night I was getting ready for bed and it was pretty late but I just had the thought come to my mind, go and call Cynthia now! So I ran up from my bed and went out to the living room to call her. She didn't answer and so I just left her a voicemail saying who I was and that she didn't know me, but that my companion and I would love to come and see her soon. Well the very next morning bright and early we got a call from Cynthia and she said that she had gotten our voicemail and asked if we could come over that evening, and of course we said yes! So after our dinner appointment we headed over to see her and she welcomed us right in. As soon as we sat down she just went off on how we need to be safe and how Florida is not a safe place, and just all theses things about protecting ourselves. Well it was nice but we kind of thought it was weird. And then the thought came to my mind to show a Mormon Message called Mountains to Climb. So we all watched that and she got all emotional.  She then, after the video, started to share with us how she has three sons and how two of them are dead.  One has died from cancer and the other one was murdered here in Florida; which helped us to better understand why she talked to us so much about keeping ourselves safe. As she was telling us about her boys she expressed many concerns about why God allows things like this to happen, and Sister Kreiberg and I were able to use the Book of Mormon and show her how it answers the questions of the soul, such as why bad things happen to good people, where we go after this life, etc. We went straight into the Plan of Salvation and talked to her about how she would see her other children again. It seemed to comfort her very much, and she said now she knows that we were sent from God to help her. It was crazy to see how much she needed the gospel in her life, that's why I kind of got upset with myself as we were leaving her home, because I had ignored the prompting earlier in the week to call her. But I am so glad that we were able to go and see her. I know that she is so ready to hear this message and that it is going to bless her life so much. We have another lesson set up with her this week with one of her neighbors who is a member of our ward (Sister Carter) I am really excited for that.
Lets see.... Oh we also had a really good lesson with Nancy the Chinese lady last week, it was a little hard because of the whole translation thing, but it seemed to go well. We haven't been able to go ahold of her yet since the lesson, but the Chinese member who came with us to the lesson (Sister Campbell) said that she was going to call her, so we will see how that goes.
Did you all get a chance to watch the Women's Conference, except you guys? haha wasn’t it great!!! Our ward had a dinner at the church right before and of course the Zone Leaders showed up to crash dinner, so typical elders.... I loved Sister Wixom’s talk! She is so cute! haha all the little 8-year-old girls stood up in the church and were singing along, I loved it! I really liked how they all (including President Erying) talked about covenants, and how important they are. I really liked it because I thought it really helped the younger girls to understand that making covenants is like walking on a pathway with the end being the Celestial Kingdom of course. Sister Kreiberg and I finished up the last lesson with Chloe Ragozzine that day as well and we were able to show her how baptism is her first covenant.  We drew her a little picture with a gate being baptism and a little pathway with all the covenants she will make in her life and it was very good. She is so smart and seemed to understand perfectly that making covenants with God is the only way we return to our Father in Heaven. I really love that the Women’s conference was centered on that and that we are daughters of God, which is so important, especially for the youth to learn while they are so young! So so good! Kinda feels so cool when you are sitting there watching and you know that you are apart of the biggest women's organization in the whole world! Mormons are so cool! Anyways I loved it and I hope that you all got a chance to watch it as well!
I love you all! Talk to you next week!

Love Kreiberson or Jamiberg, whatever fits your fancy

Dinner for the women before the Conference Broadcast
A gentle reminder 

Getting ready for the broadcast

No comments:

Post a Comment