Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3, 2014 - Viera 1st Ward

Hey Family!
How are all of you this week!? I hope good!
Well this week has been a really good one!  The members were so nice first of all and did so many things for me for my birthday.  Sister Duff made me a strawberry pie (my favorite!!) and got me a few of my favorite snacks as well. Sister Clark (The YW Pres.) Left cute little hearts and notes all over our door with some flowers and Sister Grover (bishops wife) made me a strawberry short cake and the elders got Sis. K and I balloons and chocolate covered strawberries! Wow Right!? Everyone has been way to nice, I really appreciate them all so much! And thank you all SO much for the fun birthday package you sent me! It was all so cute and really brightened my day up!:) It was the perfect way to start the week!
We also got to help out the young women this week and that was way fun! They were filming a video for their New Beginnings program and they themed it around the Olympics.  The skit was that they were the US Womens' Hockey Team and that they were all lazy and out of shape and not ready for the game, so we (SIster Kreiberg and I) were their trainers and we came in and whipped them all into shape! We had them doing exercises while they would read the scriptures and Ensign, we also had them do things like jumping jack and marching while they recited the young womens theme, you know to help them get into spiritual shape too! It was all a lot of fun! At the end of the skit they all gathered together and wore these cute shirts that they made with the Olympic rings on theme, except it was all the young value colors and it said Viera 1st Ward on it (way cute) and then it showed us talking about their training and the team captain talked about the training they got from us, it was way fun, and the motto of it all was come unto Christ in everyway and go for the gold! (Meaning the young women medallion).  They were all so cute and we all had a good time! While we were there a Sister in our ward (Sister Ragozzine) was telling us of a cute thing that happened the other day with her girls. Apparently Sister Kreiberg and I were on our bikes going somewhere and they happened to drive by and see us and her little girls got all excited and said where do you think they are going! And Sister Ragozzine said I am not sure! And then the cutest thing, the two little girls like 4 and 7 were talking to each other and the little one said to the bigger one do they always ride bikes? And the bigger one Chole said well you see... Sometime they ride their bikes.. And sometimes they walk too, and sometimes they even drive a car... And I'm pretty sure they can fly.... Hahaha isn't that so cute!!!! Sister Ragozzine said she just started laughing because of the way she said it all. Ah man those little girls are cute, Chole is the same little girl that always hugs me at church and tells me I smell like strawberries. They are so awesome!
Nathan our investigator is doing very well too. He came to church for the first time yesterday and loved it!!! It was so funny, we always show him Mormon Messages and clips of the Prophet and apostles and so Nathan in his mind thinks that the conference center is what church is going to be like, in a huge place with a big pulpit and the prophet and apostles speaking to you or as Nathan calls them the "really hard core Mormons" haha But when he got to church he saw that everyone was normal and he goes, where are all the hard core people from the iPad? And I explained to him that they are in Salt Lake and that the people here are people that live right here in the community and etc. He then was very surprised that so many people came up to him and introduced themselves, Nathan really liked that the people were very friendly.  Brother Pierce in the ward even invited him for dinner that same evening and Nathan thought that was very nice too. He enjoyed testimony meeting and for the testimonies he liked he would give the people a thumbs up from his seat haha it was so funny, he also sang all the songs with a big smile on his face. It went a lot better and more "normal" than I think he had thought. Sister Kreiberg and I were relieved at this because Nathan is a tad anti social and he seemed to really like meeting so many new people, he especially thought it was cool that the bishop would talk to him. We explained that the bishop is a very friendly man and that he loves to talk to everyone!  Nathan also read quotes and commented in all of his classes.  President Estes told us that he stood up in High Priests and talked about how he was meeting with the sisters and preparing to be baptized and how we have really worked on him and in a good way. President Estes also said that Nathan had mentioned that I had come over to teach him on my birthday, but didn't tell him it was my birthday because I was just happy to see him and that it was the best birthday present I could have asked for because I was excited he was back in town.  That was very nice of him. When he had found out it was my birthday days after he kept asking me why I would spend it teaching him lessons, and I told him it was because this gospel is so important and that he is very important to me and that being able to teach him was the best gift I could have gotten! Which is true, Nathan is one of my favorite people and it was a joy to be with him.
He is doing very well and it is so great to see how excited the members are about him too. Every week we talk about the people we teach in Ward Council, but it doesn't really seem real until our investigators come to church. When everyone got to meet Nathan they got to see how amazing he is and how much he has grown closer to the Savior. Being able to teach Nathan has taught me many things. When we first started teaching him at the beginning of every lesson without fail he would say "I don't want to do this anymore, church is not for me and I am not even sure if God exists" But every time we taught him the spirit was so strong that he would ask when are you coming back and what should I read from the Book of Mormon to prepare for our next lesson.  He did that for about 3 weeks straight and Sister Kreiberg and I weren't sure if he was going to go anywhere.  But slowly the spirit has been working on him, he now reads from the Book of Mormon and prays every day. And when we come over he is always excited to tell us that he completed his "homework" he also likes to bear his testimony to us but in a "secret way" he likes to tell us that the spirit is working on him and that he now is learning more that ever that he has a Father in Heaven.  It is so incredible to see the changes that he has made. He still likes to mess with Sister Kreiberg and I all the time, and I am still the hammer... But it is such a joy to be able to teach him. I am so grateful that Heaven Father trusts us to teach his children, it is teaching me so much, words cannot explain!  Seeing others come unto Jesus Christ is the best feeling in the world, knowing that others can partake of the same blessings that you receive and have more happiness in their lives is the best! I love it!
Well I love all of you!!!

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment