Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013 - Lake Reams


Hey,
So this week was pretty good, we have been the in apartment a lot because of my neck and me having to rest all the time and such, but that's ok. Tomorrow I start physical therapy and all I can say is I can't wait. Yesterday though after church Sister Deaver, in our ward who is also a massage therapist, came over and worked on my neck and shoulder for a good hour and it felt sooo good! It was so nice of her! She also told me a lot of things I can do to help myself get better quicker, which is good! Umm lets see... So awesome, k so a less active in our ward who I told you about awhile ago Christian Casquete (the one who came to church with us a month ago and bore his testimony) well he came yesterday and he brought his kids too! It was so awesome! His mom Sister Casquete has become active again as of like almost 2 months now, which is so great, and finally Christian is coming too! We were so excited to see him there and with the kids and we are preparing to have his children baptized I believe the 3rd Saturday of October, we are still working out the details, but I really hope so because I don't know if I will be here another transfer, but very possible now because I have to go to PT and I can't just up and leave the area! So we will see, Fabio is also doing well, he was at church for sacrament meeting and then had to go to work, but he is excited for his baptism. He still has a few concerns, but the Portuguese elders are working with him on that and he seems to be doing just fine, we will see though!

 Loretta has been doing very well too! She is keeping all of her commitments and really thinking about everything that we teach her, she also came with us to the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday (which by the way was AMAZING!!!!!!!!) And she seemed to really enjoy herself. Our stake here is seriously so awesome, they did a whole program before the broadcast that was centered around good works and they talked about the accomplishments that the Orlando South Stake, man and let me tell you the Relief Society in O South is amazing! They are always doing volunteer work for the community, and now they have adopted 2 title one elementary schools and they are teaming up with all religions around this area to get volunteers to go and help at these schools. It all sounds so cool I wish that we could go with them! But that's ok they are awesome. They also made tons of yummy treats to eat before the broadcast, which is always a super bonus. Man I loved the broadcast it was so inspired! and it seriously was perfect for Loretta, and President Monson always, always gives such good talks and great stories, I love that man! Keeping our covenants is so important to the Lord, we show our love for Him and our willingness to live as the Savior did as we keep our covenants.  That is one of the coolest changes I see when a person is converted to the gospel, they get excited to be baptized because they realize that they are making a promise with the Lord and that it is what He would have them do.  Each baptism I've been too and each baptism I have had that is always a recurring theme. I can't even explain what it feels like to watch someone’s life change because they have come closer to the Savior, and to see how it impacts them for good. You just feel so happy and overjoyed to see that because of you or other missionaries the rest of their life here and eternally have completely changed. I could go on and on and I still couldn't explain it right!  I am so excited for conference I can hardly wait! I have been fasting and praying to prepare myself and because I know that the Lord has a message He wants to be heard, but to receive it we HAVE TO prepare. In Omni verses 25-26 he is closing his statements and encouraging the people to fast and to pray so that they might be prepared for the message that King Benjamin is to give (Mosiah 2-5) Elder Holland said if we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you" and I know this to be true, all those that speak in general conference pray and fast continually for the message they are to give that they may be lead by the spirit to say those things that the Lord would have his people know, then why shouldn't we pray and fast continually to receive the indented message by the same spirit of the speaker! I hope you all are preparing yourself for conference that you may receive new direction and revelation from the Lord for your individual lives, and I know that as you do you will be answered in general conference. Well I love you all and I pray for you everyday, choose the right (which would include writing to me ;)
- Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment