Monday, September 16, 2013

Lake Reams-September 16, 2013


So this week went pretty well! We were able to have an awesome FHE with Fabio and the Beck family at the Beck's home.  Brother Beck went on his mission to Brazil, so he made a delicious Brazilian BBQ! It was so good and Fabio really enjoyed himself, which is good! We were able to talk about prayer with Fabio and Brother Beck bore his testimony about the power of prayer in his life in Portuguese, it was so amazing! We couldn't understand anything he said obviously, but you could feel the spirit so strong! Fabio also loved playing with the Beck's kids Josh and Taylor, Little boy and girl and they are way cute! Every time we bring Fabio to church or an activity he always likes to play with the kids, he wants a family so bad and so he loves to be apart of the church because families are such a big deal! So that was great! Loretta also texted us this week and asked if she could come to church with us this following Sunday and we were excited about that. She has been stressing lately over Steven, and she always is messaging us letting us know what is going on and asking for scriptures that she could read to help her feel hope and peace. She is so awesome, she always says, don't forget to text me scriptures to read this week! We are hoping to get Sister Peterson over to a lesson with us this week (she is the one who has 6 severely autistic boys) and because Loretta has a handicap son we thought it would be a good match.  Sister Peterson is very open about her children, but is also so amazing about telling how blessed she is and how the Lord has always helped her through her trails and we thought that, that would be good for Loretta to hear.  We plan on teaching her the Plan of Salvation (which is my favorite lesson to teach) and I think that it will really help her to see that God has a plan for her and her family and that He is there to bless her and help make her happy through the gospel!  Even though Loretta has been a slower processor, that is ok, she is sooo wonderful and is really so happy to read the Book of Mormon and come closer to her Heavenly Father, so keep your fingers crossed that she is able to come to church on Sunday!  My favorite part of the week probably was when we were able to go over and do service for a woman in our ward ( Sister Tillotson) she is such an amazing woman, she has 7 children and her 2 youngest are identical twins, that have down syndrome and leukemia (Wow!)  She really needs help some times around the house and so Sister Thomas and I were able to go over and sweep up the floors and mop and help her to pick up a bit, her poor baby girls are always so sick and she and Brother Tillotson do such a good job at taking care of them, on top of the 5 other kids! She really amazes me! I don't know if I could ever handle that as a mother that would be so hard!  But one thing she does always like to say and share when we come over is how blessed she is especially in serving her children because of her mission. She said it really had prepared her so much for what she was to face in the coming years of her life and having a family, she looks back and says she can’t imagine being able to do this without having served first.  She is so amazing and such a good example.  It makes me think about my mission and what the Lord is having me experience to prepare me for my life ahead, Some times I think I am having a really hard day or what not, and then I just stop to think about how there must be a purpose for it. I already feel that I have grown so much. A mission puts you out of your comfort zone in every way you can imagine possible and you really have to push yourself to fully rely on the Lord and make tough decisions without a "parent, or sibling or best friend" around.  I am so grateful for this experience that I have to serve the Lord and His children, I already know that the biggest change I will see on my mission will be myself. I have felt so much joy to be able to serve other people and see how the gospel has been able to change and bless their lives, but what it is doing to me is something I cannot explain, it is so wonderful to really come to know who you are by serving the Lord, truly relying on Him and having a brighter hope for the future, at first it was weird to be out of the loop on everything, but now it is weird when I hear stuff that is going on in the world because it is just depressing!  I have really come to realize what it means to be un-spotted from the world, I am so so much a million times happier now that I am not consumed in all of that. Of course I know that when I come home I will somewhat step back into, but in such a different way than I was before. Living the gospel and keeping the commandants will bring more peace and happiness than this world could ever offer, I promise as you do ALL YOU CAN to live this you WILL be happy. I love you all.
- Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment