Monday, September 23, 2013

Lake Reams - September 23, 2013, Accident Post


Hello,
So this week was just super different haha, the first of the week was good! We had a way awesome lesson with Loretta on the Plan of Salvation and it was way good, she loves it every time we go over and visit with her and teach her things about the gospel, she has also committed to come to a temple tour with us this Wednesday so I am excited about that! We were also able to do service this week for a family in our ward the Petersons, I think I already told you about them, the family with the 6 autistic boys... But anyways they are way cool and we were able to help Sister Peterson clean up a little bit because Brother Peterson was out of town on business.  It was really cool because we got to know their nanny better.  Her name is Malia and she is so cool, she is a poly girl who was in the army but is done now, and now she is a nanny for the Peterson family and she also does the traditional Hawaiian dances over at the Polynesian cultural center at Disney.  We were able to talk to her and get to know her better and more about her background and it was way good!  We also had temple service this week which is always fun, we got to plant a lot of beautiful flowers which is always my favorite!

Well ok so you're all probably wondering about my accident - I am fine! I just had a spill on my bike but everything is ok, Sister Thomas and I were on our way to an appointment and we were turning down a street (well supposed to be) and for some reason Sister Thomas didn't turn and I started too and when she saw me turning she cut me off more than I think she realized and then braked and there wasn't enough room for me to get by without hitting her, so I hit her and I was going a lot faster than she was so when I hit her I just went face first right over my handle bars, but lucky or unlucky I don't know, (my dang purse is so heavy with all my junk in it) that as I flew forward it fell off my back and the strap got caught around my neck and pulled me off sideways as I was already going forward and so I landed on the right side of my head and had major whip lash (which feels awful) and I just laid there for a second because I felt my neck pop and I was super dizzy, so then I had to go to the hospital because it gave me a concussion and yadda yatta and I was there till like 2am and then for this past weekend I've been kickin it at the mission home because I was on a few different med's and they had to watch me or something, so I am ok now though. My neck is in terrible pain, but I have been resting a lot and will continue to do so for the next couple of days. Tomorrow morning I will go to a sports medicine doctor at around 10:30ish and he is going to check me out and then I am supposed to start physical therapy this week as well to help me get some motion back, but other than that I will probably just be resting, I am not supposed to go out with the med's I'm on, so I will probably be in the apartment for the next couple of days, so write me lot's of letters so I am not bored! Well other than that nothing too exciting this week! Fabio is having his baptismal interview today and so I am hoping that, that goes well!  If it does we are having a baptism this Saturday! Woo hoo haha I guess we will see though, Fabio is so great, I am really excited for him, he really has come a lot closer to the Savior and really does want to have this change in his life, it's so cool to see these people change as they gain a testimony of the restored gospel! Well love you all!
-Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment