Monday, July 15, 2013

Lake Reams - July 15, 2013



Hey Family,
So this last week was good. We went on exchanges and that was way fun. I got to go and stay with Sister Higley and she is over the YSA area, so basically the whole stake. But it was cool, we had a good day, and some interesting things happened to say the least haha. So we rode our bikes out to go and see some YSA people and of course none of them were home  - it was the middle of the day, and there was this one apartment that we went to and we didn't have bike locks.  Don't ask me why those sisters don't invest in bike locks but they don't, and since we were on exchanges I was using another sisters bike, but anyways we were at an apartment and we left our bikes under the stairway and I did not feel good about it (we were in a very ghetto area) so we walked up the stairs and down the hall and went looking for the YSA and they weren't home and so we started to walk back to our bikes and I heard this tick tick tick noise and just ran for the stairs and as I looked down I saw this Asian guy lifting up my bike!!! UGH!!! really Sister Dunford’s bike, but the one I was using for the day, and I kind of yelled (haha) EXCUSE ME!!!! And he looked up at me and just dropped the bike and was uh sorry all casual like and I ran down and got the bike and he just slowly walked off and was watching to see if Sister Higley and I were going to leave the bikes again I presume, of course we were not.  And I told Sister Higley I did not feel good at all leaving our bikes out of sight when I don't have a lock and that we were just going to have to do street contacting because I was not about to let this bike get stolen by a weirdo! Well anyways she agreed and we went on our way and rode to a different neighborhood/apartment place and were talking to people and we ran into a Haitian family (haha ok) so we walked up to them and the one guy was so weird but nice haha I don't know well long story short he totally asked me to marry him! Ha can you believe that??? I was like umm no sorry I am a missionary umm so do you have a faith in Jesus Christ?? Ha I was a little caught off guard and so he responded to me some what about Jesus but just kept saying well girl I am looking for a wife and dang girl you are just so pretty and I was like I am so sorry I am not allowed to date and thank you but no haha and he finally kind of dropped it. But was cool, I started talking to his sister who is my age and we talked about Christ and what role he has played in her life and she was telling me all about what she thinks and she was very friendly and then she was asking me about myself and where I was from and so we got to talking about that and I told her a little bit about myself and she thought it was cool that I came out here to spread the gospel and I said ya I think it's pretty cool too. And then something way way way cool happened, so we were talking and she was telling me about herself and all of a sudden I got this way strong impression, talk about the temple, and so that's exactly what I did.  I told her about what a temple was and I told her about marriage and how when you go to civil marriages you hear the words "till death do us part" and I said in the temple we believe that we are married or "sealed" to our families for time and all eternity and that family bonds don't end at death. And I kind of explained it to her and then bore my testimony to her about it and the spirit was so strong and her countenance was so different when I was testifying to her about the temple and she got really happy and was like really? Is that real? And I said absolutely yes, Heavenly Father loves us so much he has given us the amazing blessing to be with our families forever, and she just had the biggest smile on her face and I left her a pass-a-long card and told her if she wants to learn more that she could look on the Mormon.org website and she was like I for sure will and then 2 seconds later she whipped out her phone and was looking up the website on her phone, so cool... So Then we had to go but it was so cool, I hope that she gets in contact with missionaries again! (She's from Tampa so I couldn't give her my number) But ya way cool. Other than that we pretty much street contacted for the rest of the time. We run into some weird people, who always make it interesting, and it also rained hard core on us, (always does) I was soaking wet.  Well so like I was talking about last week about the dinner with Elder Munz and President Berry, well it went SUPER WELL!!!! I was so happy, we gave a great lesson on receiving revelation and how important it is to write your impressions down so that you can receive more.  Elder Munz also asked us a lot of questions about how we are working with the ward members and how are areas are going, then at the conclusion we bore our testimonies and it was just such a good evening. Sister Berry loves me haha not to boast, her daughter is having a baby soon and then is going to fly to Florida so they can see and she was like I will take pictures for you so you can see, and I told her I had a way cute baby niece and she want's pics. haha we super hit it off! Then the next day was the meet and greet with President and Sister Berry for all the missionaries in this zone and when Sister Low and I got there Sister Berry walked straight to us and hugged us and was soo happy to see us.  President and Sister Berry are so great I love them.  They talked to us missionaries about being disciples of Jesus Christ and it was so awesome, they gave us way inspired council and it was just a great meeting.  Sadly earlier that morning I was throwing up and way sick (don’t ask me why I don't know) but I was and so I wasn't feeling to good that day. When we got home from the meeting I laid down for about 3 hours and then we went out and finished the evening out, I am better now but for like 3 days I was just throwing up and way sick.  I was able to receive a blessing from a man in our ward (Brother Andersen) it helped so much he is so amazing too. Well I love you all and this is all I have time for! Have a great week!
-Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment