Monday, July 8, 2013

July 8, 2013 - Lake Reams

Hey Fam,
So this week was good! I am so super worn out because we worked like crazy, pretty much a lot of our lessons fell through and we did a lot of tracting.  I am getting a nice tan from it though!;)  Ms. Shirley is doing so well, we went and taught her a lesson this week about the prophet and she loved it. Usually she gets way distracted in the lessons and talks about her grand kids or other things, but she was super focused in this lesson and was excited and so ready to learn.  She also has been so good about reading her Book of Mormon; I am a little shocked on how dedicated she is about reading, but way way happy. She is already midway through Alma!! And it is so exciting because when we go over she always tells us what she has been reading and I love hearing her read to me and talk about it. She also has told her whole family about her baptism and has invited them all.  I am excited and I can't wait to see them all there.  I really hope that they come to the confirmation too on Sunday.  We have talked to Ms. Shirley about inviting them to that, but I think we are going to have to remind her about it. We also had a good lesson this week with Jacobus and Jessica. They are both awesome and we were able to get a member (Brother Malquist) to come with us to the lesson. Well the totally cool thing about that is Brother Malquist is the main director of the animation engineering at Disney and Jacobus used to work over there for Disney in the animation engineering department. Well Jacobus now does his own work and his own business type of thing but he still knows Brother Malquist, but I don't think he had ever really formally talked to him before. Well when we all showed up at Jacobus’ door with Brother Malquist, Jacobus was so shocked and happy haha you could tell he was just like oh my gosh the director is in my house.... haha it was so funny he was so smiley and I think much more willing to listen if you know what I mean haha. But we had a solid Restoration lesson and Brother Malquist really was so amazing he gave a lot of great personal stories and he is very charismatic and so everyone enjoyed that.  The spirit was so strong as well and everything just flowed and was awesome.  We invited Jacobus and Jessica to start reading the Book of Mormon and they said that they would and so we are super excited for them. The only bummer thing is that they work a ton and so they told us that they would be busy for the next 2 weeks because I guess they have some big projects and so we are going to go back in 2 weeks for sure, so we have also been stopping by their house and texting them every other day too, to keep in contact. Jacobus has started reading the Book of Mormon when we talked to him the other day and I am so happy for him. I don't know if Jessica has started, but I hope so! We also were able to set an appt. with a man that we have literally been trying to contact for about 4 weeks now. He finally answered the door and we asked if we could come back and teach a lesson so we are very excited about that! Gene is still doing well.  We visit him now just once a week.  The ward missionaries also visit once a week with him, he is preparing to get a temple recommend and the priesthood and we are very excited for him. Please keep him in your prayers though, things didn't go according to plan this week for him, and he lets it bother him too much and I am worried about him and staying active. But other than that he is doing very well.  It is crazy how the missionary work is slowly changing; we are working with the members so much more and really getting them excited about missionary work. Our district leader Elder Duffy, in a coordination meeting one Sunday morning, had prayerfully come up with suggestions on how we can work with the ward members more effectively and then two weeks later we had the world wide training and we learned exactly what Elder Duffy had been inspired to tell us to start doing already.  It has been so amazing, we always leave the members with commitments and it really helps them refocus themselves and family's on the Lord, we then follow up with them that Sunday or the following and they get excited to tell us that they are keeping their commitments as a family and it is so cool to see. We also leave them commitments to have a non-member friend over for the next time we have dinner with them and they are totally committed to inviting their friends.  We have BBQ's with investigators every other Monday night for FHE and the ward is working really hard together to invite friends over for a lesson and to meet the members and just chill and eat.  It really is so effective it kind of blows my mind.  When the members are involved missionary work goes so much better.
Well we got a new mission president, President and Sister Berry and they are awesome. Sister Low and I got to briefly meet them the other day at church and they are so nice and so ready for missionary work.  Tonight Sister Low and I have been asked to go and eat dinner with President and Sister Berry and Elder and Sister Munz of the 70. Crazy uh!!!! The Elders in our ward were invited too and we are all very excited. We are eating at Elder Munz house and Sister Low and I were asked to give the lesson, can you believe that!?!? We are such newbies and out of the 200+ missionaries in the mission, Sister Low and I were asked to go and teach the new mission president and his wife and an area 70.  I was so shocked when we got the call 2 days ago but I am very excited to be able to have this opportunity. Pray for us!!! Haha we are very nervous.  Tomorrow at the stake center is the official meet and greet for the missionaries in this zone to meet President and Sister Berry, but Sister Low and I and Elder Duffy and Jensen are so lucky that we get to meet them a day early! This really is so cool, I think I might actually get ready tonight and do my hair hahahaha Well I've go to go now! I love you all and have a great week!!!
-Sister Jamison

   
Claire’s pictures are soooo cute! I wish I could come to her birthday party!  


No comments:

Post a Comment