Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014 - Still in Lecanto, Fl

What's up best family in the world!!!! Well this week has just been FULL of all over the placeness! And what I mean by that is I really don't know! So where do I even start....
So Richard has his baptismia interview this week and it went SUPER well! He is so exctied for his baptism. When he came out of his interview he was shaking everyone hands and saying " I am getting baptized! You don't know how excited I am to be getting baptized! I feel like I am floating away!" haha it was so cute. He was just smiling from ear to ear! We also found a new investigator (crossing my fingers) hopefully, named Mike. He is really nice, he is about 50 or so and he is such a good guy. His mother and handicap son live with him and his wife and oh his wife is semi-handicap from some accident and he just takes care of them all and loves them all so much, not to mention that he watches his grand kids all the time while his daughter works. I mean he just has endless energy. But anyways we had a really good lesson on the Restoration with him this last week and everything that we taught him he said really made sense.  We also gave him a Book of Mormon and he said that he would read it! We were supposed to meet with him again on Sunday but he had to cancel because he had to work, so we are going to try and see him again this week. So I hope that it goes well because he is legit! We also had a crazy beyond all belief of miracles happen this week with our Facebook/Online Proselyting... So ok I will start with Brandon. Brandon is a guy that lives in our area and he is a truck driver so he is hardly ever home.  But I guess that he was online one day and he was looking at mormon.org and he wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon to read so he called the phone number and got a hold of a missionary in the MTC, and she said that she would call the local bishop (Bishop Hoki) and have the missionaries come and give him one. (so this was like over a month ago) So then she made him a referral online and it got sent to the elders iPads, and so they added him on facebook and was like " Hey when can we come and give you a Book of Mormon, what’s your address." type of thing, and Brandon said that his plans got a little rearranged and that he had to leave town again real soon to drive a load somewhere, but that he was praying that Heavenly Father would help him to get a Book of Mormon. Well ok so the elders were able to find out that he lived in our area so they transferred the referral to us and so we went searching for him online and found him and messaged him and told him that we were the missionaries in his area and that we would be happy to bring him a Book of Mormon when he gets home, and he said that would be great but in the mean time he had downloaded it and was listening to it as he drives  (well that’s cool) Ok so then the week goes by and we messaged him and asked him when he was going to be back and he said, Sisters you will never believe this. and he went on to tell us how he was at a truck stop somewhere in the grand old USA and he met a person who randomly started talking to him and gave him a Book of Mormon (awesome member missionary) and that they felt like he should have it. Well so now Brandon has the Book of Mormon and when he messaged us he said that he was almost done reading it. Ok so that’s way to cool, but his schedule has been way crazy and he is out of town right now, but we told him that we can teach him over Skype and Facebook and that we would love to do that and he agreed, and gave us his info so that we could begin teaching him online. So cool, so we will meet with him this week on Skype and our ward mission leader is going to come to the lesson with us at the church. I am way excited to see what happens! Ok and number 2 coolest thing that happened, we were on facebook one day and Sister Petersen gets a message from a guy in India and he say "Sister please keep me in your prayers, thank you and God Bless." Well we messaged him back and told him that we were missionaries and that we shared messages about Jesus Christ and that whatever he was going through at this moment would get better as he comes closer to the Savior. He replied that he was Catholic and that it was ok, that he just wanted prayers and so we said no problem we will definitely pray for you, and then we gave him the link to the Mormon.org website and told him that he should check it out and that he could find messages on there that would really bless his life. Well about a week later we get a message from him that says "Sister I want to learn this gospel you share with me, I hope its good." And we assured him that of course it was and we told him that we could chat on Facebook and teach him and that we could work it out with the time difference and everything and he said that would be good. (We aren't going to open it to Skype chat yet until we know its ok, in case something weird happens) But that is really cool! We looked up the churches nearest him and did you know that there is a Salt Lake City India? hahahaha of course that is where the Mormon church is! Anways we will see how that goes! But in other news I have been having way to many people trying to set me up this week hahah so weird a member in the ward Sister Gibson was telling me about her 36 year old nephew who lives in STG and how he struggles to find any girls, but how she knows he would like me, but that I would have to do all the work in our dating relationship because he is shy hahahahah  I was like Are you joking?  ummmmm NO haha of course I didn't say that to her but I was sure thinkin' it.. hahahaha oh my and on Sunday after church Richard was like I need to tell you something, oh wait never mind you wont come over anymore if I do. And I was like what is it Richard? And he was like don't take this the wrong way, but you very pretty Sister Jamison, I really like your eyes and you have nice eyelashes. There's just something about you that I like and you are still pretty even with all your pimples (pointing at my legs.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) And by pimples he meant all my bug bite scars on my legs and ankles. Oh my gosh I tried not to laugh but it was so funny and also because he has such a thick accent. But anyways dramaaaaaa......hahahahaha we also had a pioneer party this week and that was fun, Richard came and he liked it. And there was a funeral that we were at.   I was trying to avoid the viewing but you couldn’t miss seeing as she was hangin out right by the front door casket open and all. Needless to say I wanted to throw up.... and then another member died yesterday morning. So many old people, death is not a rare thing in this ward unfortunately...... Well I have no more time gotta go! Love ya! 

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment