Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!
So this week was pretty good! We had a good Thanksgiving, a lot of the members wanted to feed us on that day so I think we had like 4 full size dinners... ugh I was going to explode, it was good though. Since everyone's homes that we ate at were Spanish, Thanksgiving wasn't exactly American traditional.  There was turkey, chicken, pork, rice, beans and arepas hahaha and one house we had potatoes, so that was good. It was fun though, the Spanish people here don't really get why we have 
Thanksgiving so they just buy lots of Spanish food and cook it up and put it on Thanksgiving plates and there ya go hahaha, it was good though!
It was super cool, on Saturday we were going to visit a referral we had received and when we got there it was a hotel. And so we went to the front deck asking for the person and I guess they had moved out like a month before so as we were walking back to the car I saw a guy (who looked like a kid because of disability) sitting on the floor and I went over to talk to him and I didn't realize that he was blind, so this man stepped out of the hotel door and told me and I was like oh (awkward) so he then started asking me what I was doing and talking to him in a nice way and I told him who I was, and I gave him an invitation to a Christmas party that the stake is holding and he was really awesome. I asked him if there was a time that we could come back and teach him and he said that would be nice, so we are all excited about that. He was very friendly and he had a cute wife and son, so we are excited to go and teach them. They live in a hotel though and they said they might be moved out in a few days, but he gave us his phone number and said that we could call him. It's so sad because you can tell that they are struggling but he is in school full time right now so that he can support his family, I really hope that something works out good for him, because they are both way awesome and way open to learning about the gospel! Heavenly Father is blessing us so much with finding people because we can't tract anymore because Sister Salvesen can't exactly walk that much.  But we are still finding!
Well this is the last day of the transfer and I cannot believe that it is already gone! Time is going way to fast! My Blankey Gremlin (Sister Baker) is leaving the area tomorrow and I am not sure where to yet, but we will find out then. I am really going to miss her a ton; we just got along so so well! But that's ok because Sister Salvesen is way awesome too and we get along very well too, so that is nice! Sister Salvesen is really good at explaining things in lessons and she is way smart so I have been learning a lot from her. I think she will really help me be a better teacher! So I am excited for that.  She is also goofy like me so that is a plus!
So what is really cool that has just happened in my mission is that we are one of the pilot missions now to test technology just with IPAD's and Facebook and etc. Starting in January individual missionaries in my mission will get an IPAD that they will carry around with them their whole mission and obviously returning when they leave to go back home. But all missions are going to start to convert to using technology resources and we will be one of the first missions that get's it. Each missionary will have Facebook, and they can use their own or make a new one and they will have to make it missionary appropriate and we will be online everyday chatting with people and it will be nice because we will be able to add our investigators and the people we meet! We also will be allowed to do lessons over Skype, this will really help for the people that travel or are really busy, and this way we can meet with them anytime anywhere and teach them. I am excited for all the changes to be happening. I think it will be a great opportunity to use technology in a way to spread the gospel.  I don't know all the rules and specifics about it yet, but we will be receiving trainings on it and what we can and cannot do. I am super excited to start doing this.  There are so many times that I want to share a Mormon message at someone's doorstep but wasn't able to do that and other limitations. It also helps us when we are out if someone asks us a question that maybe we don't have an answer to we can just look it up on Mormon.org and show them and also show people the resources that the church has available to learn more about our beliefs and things like that! So sweet! Well I have to go now! I love you all!!!

Sister Jamison!

No comments:

Post a Comment