Monday, November 25, 2013

Pleasant Hills So. - November 25, 2013

Dear Family,
So this week went really well. We had been kind of in a pit for what seemed like awhile and this week we were able to teach a lot of lessons and contact a lot of people! We also got a new companion this week, Sister Salvesen from South Africa. Sister Salvesen was in the MTC with me and we flew out there together, but 5 weeks into her mission she got run over by a car and it completely messed up her leg, her knee cap is all chipped and out of place and her foot had major scar tissue and nerve damage and now she has to walk around with a cane.  The doctor's said that her nerve damage in her foot is permanent, but everything should heal over time, which is such a bummer.  She is only 19 and will have to use a cane for the rest of her life and her foot is always going to hurt. But anyways she was sent to Provo to see doctors and she wasn't released so she did online missionary work at the MTC and now they have approved her to come back into the mission and she is with us! So I am glad to have her back and she is too. She is way cool, she speaks English, ASL, and Afrikaans fluently. Afrikaans is like a mix between German, Zulu and like 4 other African languages I think, but it sounds way cool, she prays in Afrikaans for us. We all get along so great so that is good too. Yesterday was Sister Salvesen and my 7-month birthday in the mission, wohoo! So crazy right? I will be home in less than a year! I really can't believe that! Time goes by so so fast!!!!
Well lets see, so on Monday Sister Baker and I went to a dirty flee market haha it was ok, we just looked around at all the crap, nothing to special there..
Tuesday Sister Baker and I were able to go the RS Enrichment night and it was pretty good.  Certainly nothing extravagant like I have seen in Utah with cute decorations and such, but it was a good night. They made these mod podge pictures of Christ that turned out nice and they had flower arranging and cake decorating, so that was fun.  The Spanish elders investigator Dione (which is pronounced Gee-own-e) came to the enrichment night with us after English class at the church. She is the one from Brazil, she is cool, and seemed to enjoy herself, so that was good.
Wednesday was good we had a jammed packed day full of appointments and every single one of them fell through, ugh it was so sad, but we were able to make up for it the rest of the week!
Thursday was good, we had another lesson with Anthony and Jeff and it went way better this time. Jeff actually let us teach instead of always interrupting, we were also able to watch a Mormon message with them which was good because it is able to hold Anthony's attention.
Friday was of course good because that is when we got Sister Salvesen! We also got to go to the church that night and do a beading project with Sister Padget in our ward and her non member friend who is a little girl that lives by her, some of the young women came too, so that they could meet her and make her feel welcome. We made little Christmas ornaments so that was fun.
Saturday was awesome because we were able to go and see a bunch of less actives in the ward and share little messages with them! and what was really great is we invited a ton of them to church the next day and some of them came!
Then on Sunday we had a great lesson with one of our investigators Sammy, missionaries have been working with him for a long time and we have been trying to prepare him for baptism and we finally got to talk with his guardian Omar, which is his older brother he lives with and we brought up to him about baptism and he said he would talk to Sammy about it (because we can't just baptize a minor without permission) so that was a miracle but that is the next step that has been needing to happen since like July and now it's happening. So I hope they talk again and we can figure this all out!
Today we are going to make home made Pizza and the church for District P-day, that will be fun, we are also playing dodge ball but I don't know if I can play because of my shoulder and neck and all that. Which by the way is doing pretty good, I still get pains in my arm sometimes but not bad, and I still have crazy tissue scarring build up in my neck but I am not approved for anymore therapy and so I just have to try and work on it myself. Dr. McGregor gave me a lot of exercises I can do so I am just doing those.  I still am not allowed to bike yet, but by December I am allowed too. I guess with the concussion and all, even though I have felt fine for quite awhile concerning my head and all I could ride because if I accidently crashed or fell of or whatever again and bummed my head I would be done for mission wise, so ya not takin' that chance!!! But I do walk all over the place, which makes me sore but I get over it, and we drive everywhere too.  But now that Sister Salvesen is here we wont be doing that much walking because it really hurts her so, we just try and set appointments best we can so that we are always busy and not just out tracting!! And so far it is going good! This transfer is already over too I can't believe it, it ends next Monday! wow, weird! I will get to talk to all of you in 30 days!! When I find out when I will be calling I will try and let you know! Ok Bye love you all!!

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment