Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013 Pleasant Hills So.

Hey family,
So this week was good, Sister Baker and I were able to meet with the RS President and talk about what help the sisters need in the ward, and what we can do to help, so that was good!
Sister Grove is also doing really well, A sister in our ward Sister Sharman has been bringing her to church every sunday and it really has made such a huge difference in her life.  I am so grateful for the members that are so willing to help out! Right now we are working on helping Sister Grove prepare to receive her P. Blessing and get ready to go to the temple, she has never had the opportunity to do those things and she is so ready for them.  Even though she has been such a strong member her whole life you can see the impact it has had on her from not really being able to progress that much in the gospel.  Going to the temple is so important, that is the goal and we all need to work towards that. There are so many great members of the church all around the world who are missing out on amazing blessings and happiness because they have not gone to the temple. I hope that all of you make your way to the temple regularly it is such a blessing! I can't wait when I get home and can go to the temple, I am really missing it!
Well lets see, this week we had a really great lesson with a guy named Omar, ha well we thought he was going to be a really awesome potential, because we had such a spiritual lesson with him and the YSA  Elders ( to pass him off to them) and when they called Omar to make another appointment with him he told them he thought he was going to be meeting us with and that he wanted to date Sister Baker and I and now that he can't he's not interested haha oh well? We run into too many people like that which is a bummer, but at least these people can see that we are here with a purpose and that we are sticking to it!
We also were able to meet with Tony's daughter-Kaitlyn (that’s the less active guy we tracted into) and she really likes us and likes meeting with us, and its great because her dad agrees that maybe it be good if she starts going to church! I think she is so great, she is 13 years old and is such a sweet girl, and she doesn't have a mother and just lives with her dad and her dad's roommate. You can tell that she really needs a mother type person in her life and I know this sounds crazy but I so wish I could just take her home with me when I come back and I could adopt her! It reminds me of when I did the Big Brother Big Sister program; even though my experience wasn't what the usual one is I still enjoyed doing it. Sometimes I didn't but it was a fun thing to do. I wish I could do that for Kaitlyn, she is so awesome and just needs someone to talk to who is not her dad. She really gets teased a lot at school and I think that really wears down on her. I think it will be so good once we can get her involved in the young women's program, I think she will really be able to connect with the girls in the ward and it is a great way to for her to be more open too I think! We are going to try really hard to get her dad to be more involved, but as far as things are right now, he's not interested. But that's ok we will just keep trying and visiting them both!
Well the elders in our ward had a baptism this week and it went so well, I was able to play the music for the baptism and that was fun. I always get really nervous to play in front of people but it went pretty good! I also have been able to play for RS and that is usually pretty choppy, ha but that's ok.
Well this week has been pretty good, I am way tired and my brain doesn't work right now haha hopefully I will be able to have more things to tell you next week! Oop I almost forgot to tell you, Fabio got baptized!!!! I am so happy for him! He got baptized on November 2nd, I really wish I could have gone, but that's ok, I am just glad that he was able to receive his answer and be baptized. He is so great, he flew back to Brazil on Saturday the 9th, I have his address so that I can write to him and see how he is doing. He is so great I will miss him! Sister Thomas also says that Loretta is doing really well and that she has a baptismal date, I am so happy about that I can't even tell you! I love Loretta so much and I am so glad that she has finally accepted a date and is working towards that, what a miracle! I think about the people I have taught in Lake Reams so much and I miss them all so so dearly, I wish I could go and visit them before I go home, but I know that isn't going to happen. I can't wait to come back and visit them all. I really miss Florida already! Well my time is up so I better go! I love you all!
and I am so excited about the baby boy!!!!!!!

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment