Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013 - Lake Reams




Hey there family,
Well this week has been great! We had our second lesson with Gene and we taught him the Plan of Salvation and it went so well.  It is so cool to teach Gene because he already knows all this stuff we teach him from the Bible, we just fill in a few blanks and he just gets it.  But what's most important and so cool is that the spirit was so strong in the lesson and that's what made it different for him, the spirit. Everything we were saying and testifying of you could tell he was feeling the spirit strong like we were.  He asked a bunch of awesome questions and kept saying it just all makes since, this is true I know it is. Man it was so cool! After the lesson we asked Gene to say the pray and he prayed and after the pray he was just crying he could feel the spirit so so strong.  He is doing so good with reading the Book of Mormon too, and he doesn't just read it but he studies it and every single day, it's so cool.  Yesterday at church he leaned over to me during on of the talks and the talk was about reverence and I don't know if something in the talk spoke to him or if he was really feeling the Holy Ghost again but he said, you have totally convinced me that this is the true church and I said Gene it's not me its the Holy Ghost! Heavenly Father is the one who is making you feel all these good feelings, and he just smiled and said you're right.  SO AWESOME! Another way cool thing happened this week, Sister Low and I were on our way to an appointment and on the way we saw a man walking his dog and decided that we needed to stop and talk to him, so we stopped and introduced ourselves and gave our testimonies and gave him a pass along card and asked if we could come by something and teach a lesson, and he said he thought it was great what we were doing and that yes we could come by.  So a few days after that we went to his house and his name is Jim and he's married and has one young son, so we stopped by and they were a bit busy, but you could tell Jim really wanted us to come in and share, so we said we will only take 5 minutes and his wife agreed and we went in and all sat at the table and gave a very brief Restoration lesson and basically gave our testimonies and during that we could feel the spirit and we looked at Jim and he was just in tears.  We asked if everything was ok and he said, I have been praying every single night that somehow someone would be able to come and teach my wife and son about Jesus Christ.  ( He believes in Jesus Christ but his wife is from China and has no concept at all of God and who Jesus Christ is, and so it wasn't ever really taught in the home to the son) It was so amazing, he said he has been trying to teach her about Jesus Christ but that he doesn't do a very good job and that she gets confused and frustrated and he said I've been praying for someone to help me.  Sister Low and I were so excited and Jim definitely wants us to come back, it will be a challenge because where she's from she said that they are taught that there is no such thing as God or Jesus Christ, and that they don't believe in things they can't see, but they worship the Buddha and other statue things.  Well needless to say it will be a challenge to teach the concept that there is a God and higher power, but it is also such a blessing for us that we can set the proper foundation of Jesus Christ and the gospel in her life and sons, and now the fathers. So so cool!!!! It's so amazing because every single prayer I pray in the day I am always always asking Heavenly Father to lead me to someone who is ready and is looking, and I hadn't had any luck until now and it's crazy how my prayers were answered and Jim's were answered, so so cool!  Other than that our week has been pretty slow, lot of canceled appointments and more people slamming doors in our face, but it's all worth it when you find people like Gene and Jim who are ready and have been waiting for you.  The weather here has been pretty nice, it was storming yesterday and Sister Low and I got pretty soaked. But it hasn't gotten hot hot yet and not really that humid.  I have seen 2 gators!!! The gators here are harmless, and they never come out of the water.  They are about 3 to 4 feet max, and if you walked toward the lake to get a better look at them they swim away or go underwater. I've only seen one swim toward the shore but that's because there was a dog near it. But we never get close to the water anyways and the gators never come out! I am however getting absolutely bit to death, I have bits all over my legs and yes mom they are starting to scar...ugh I cannot help but scratch, the bugs here are weird though, they don't let leave bite's, all of mine turn into rashes.  But I bought some itch spray that a member in my ward recommended and it is amazing, it helps me be itch free and not sore. So I am always spraying myself. It doesn't make the bugs go away thought but that's ok. Well I gotta go, I hope all is going well back home, I can't believe Claire has more teeth! I miss her! and Sam that waterslide thing looks way way way fun!  Love you all
- Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment