Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014 The day before transfers

Dear Family, 
How are things going this week? Well as you area all probably wondering, yes I am getting transferred tomorrow! Wohoo! I am very excited to be able to move on for the last transfer of my mission. It will be a little odd to be in an area I don't know very well for such a short time, but I really need the change. The Lord is just always changing your life up as a missionary! But anyways this week has been good. I haven't been feeling to good lately so I have been in the apartment for a few days trying to catch up in a sense and that has seemed to help a little. But Angie is doing so well. She is so excited for her baptism and her progress in the gospel. I am of course very excited for her too. We had a really fun FHE with her and her daughter Bianca last week. We talked about the apostasy and played a fun game and Angie made us all an apple cobbler treat for the end. That was nice of her. We also found 2 new investigators this week, which was nice! They are both young and into all the science religion type stuff. But we were able to teach them and have pretty good lessons. Nathan the one guy is 21 and he is actually a less actives son in the ward who isn't willing to come to church, but we were able to meet with Nathan. He had some interesting ideas about life and what happens to us when we die, a very scientific approach, some of the stuff seemed odd, but we invited him to pray and read the Book of Mormon and he said he would!  We also got to teach a 20-year-old guy named Austin and he is all about God and science and what not and I guess he can prove God exist with math, it was interesting as well. But he was very nice. The one thing that was a little hard for me with both of these young guys is that they were very caught up in having to prove everything and science and this and that. So we really trying to help them to see that it is through faith that we can know if these things are true. Not facts from Google. Austin seemed to agree, but it was a bit harder for Nathan. So I guess we will see what happens. But that is kind of all for the week. Like I said I have been a little sick so I was in more than I would have liked to be. But hopefully things are on the up and up now. Only 6 weeks till I see you all. I am way excited! Love you! 

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment