Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

Hey,
Well this week wasn't too exciting, but that's ok haha. We ended up dropping a lot of our investigators, which is always really hard. But if they aren't ready then they aren't and you just gotta move on and find those that are. But Richard is doing so great! I don't know if I said this last week, but he is reading the Book of Mormon, Gospel Principles and Teachings of the Presidents every day! and he is loving church as well. He was so excited that he learned how to read the music in church last Sunday that he sang out real loud yesterday in church, which is good. Then during sacrament Richard opened up his Book of Mormon and pointed to Mosiah 18:17, which says " And they were called the church of God, or the church of Christ, from that time forward. And it came to pass that whosoever was baptized by the power and authority of God was added to His church."  and he said "Sister, this is why we are here." I asked him how did he find that so fast as we were sitting there, and he said "Sister I've been reading, and I’m just good at this." I smiled and said yes you are Richard! I am way happy for him; he really is doing so well. This week when we went over for a lesson he said "Sister what is the D&C's? I see the references, but I don't find them in this book." So we were able to explain to him about the Doctrine and Covenants and give him a triple combination so that he could continue his studies! We also set a baptismal date for Richard in July, he feels that it is a bit soon because he doesn't "know it all" yet but we are helping him to understand that it is ok not to "know it all". He will get there though!
Well this morning we went to the Gulf of Mexico, the part we were at wasn't super nice, but it was cool to see. We played Frisbee for a little bit and that was fun. I am way tired though; hopefully I can rest for a second today! hahaha probably not..... Well I wish I had more exciting things to say but I don't haha Love you all See ya soon!

Sister Jamison

No comments:

Post a Comment