Monday, August 12, 2013

Lake Reams, August 12, 2013 - with Sister Thomas, new trainee


So this week was good, I don't even know where the time went! So lets see, Favio is doing well, unfortunately he canceled on us for the temple tour which I wasn't too surprised about.  He has canceled on us before and so we are going to keep trying with him this week and see what happens, so hopefully something!

We have also been doing a lot of tracting! A bunch of our investigators dropped off the face of the earth and that has been a bummer, but somehow we were still able to accomplish our goals. On Saturday we were tracting around 2 pm and having zero success. After we got done tracting we ran to our other appointments and things we had planned on our schedule and just going through our day like normal.  Then around 8 pm we were going to go and see Anna.  Usually we just drop in when we see her because she is so hit and miss so its much easier that way, but anyways as we were driving to Anna's we kept getting this feeling that we needed to go and tract where we had earlier that day and I was like... ugh I do not want to.  Those people are going to be like what are you doing you were just here, but I couldn't get it out of my mind.  So we drove over to the area we had already tracted, said a prayer and started again. As we went knocking the first 3 people didn't answer the door ( I was a bit glad, I didn't want to get yelled at) and then we went to the 4th house and a man named Rich answered the door. We told him we were missionaries and asked if we could bless his home, and after we prayed he was asking what church we went to and what time and so we told him (very excitedly) and he was telling us how he had just moved here with his family and how he was looking for a church to go to and so we were able to explain a bit more about us and the church and he seemed quite interested and so we asked if we could come back and he said yes of course and so we are going to go back this week and teach him and his family, I am quite excited! So crazy how the Lord puts people in your path and takes you to places you need to be even if it doesn't make sense!

Then on Sunday I had decided to fast because I have been feeling like our teaching pool has gotten so small and while we were at church I noticed that a woman in our ward was there with her boyfriend. Her name is Sister Carey.  Sister Low and I had gone over and visited her about 3 weeks ago and met her boyfriend Matthew, and we had asked Sister Carey if she had ever invited him to church and she said yes every Sunday but he just isn't interested. Well I guess that morning he got all ready and went down to the car and she said "what are you doing?" and he said "I'm gonna go to church with you." Well we know that it made her very happy and I was so happy to see him there.  After church the Elders brought him over to us and they had given him a Book of Mormon and Matthew and I began to talk and I asked him how he liked church and he said that he actually really enjoyed it and that he had some questions and was wondering if we could come over and teach him or explain to him. Well of course we said yes we can and we have an appointment to see him on Tuesday night. I am really excited, Sister Carey is so awesome and she has a really neat son.  Heavenly Father totally answered my prayers this week, it is so stressful when you get low on people to teach and no one listens, I have been praying like mad and these people have been coming out of the woodwork.  We also finally ran into a potential investigator Sister Low and I found about a month ago named Shelly.  Well we saw her and asked if she was still interested and if we could come back and she said yes we could and so we will see her this week too! It's crazy how when things get the most stressful and you feel like you've got nothing left and you've been praying on end for the Lords help and then in the nic of time there it is, exactly what you needed. Everyday at the top of my planner I write down the miracles I see happening that day, because we truely are so blessed every single day, it had really helped me to see how involved the Lord is in my life and has made me so much more grateful for the blessing I do receive. Like I've always said before, I didn't realize how hard this was going to be, but it has been so worth it, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment